Thursday, September 11, 2014

It's time for a Shaving Party!


There comes a point, around the second chemo treatment, that your hair begins to fall out by the handfuls. In order to avoid it being everywhere, you've got to shave. My boss at work, Scott suggested a shaving party. I was surprised at first, wondering if there would be anyone who would really want to participate. But, I decided to set the date and asked my niece and hairstylist Karli and her friend McKell to come.

I highly recommend to anyone facing hair loss to give it a try. Sharing this with friends was so fun and what I received in return was well worth it. Take the pain out of the harsh realities of cancer and embrace it. It is absolutely liberating.


You know a friend told me that "your hair does not make up who you are" which is very true. Sometimes we get so caught up in what we have physically or materially that we forget to look inside. All of this stuff is really just clutter. At the end of the day its not about stuff or what you look like. It's about being your best self and creating quality in life with those who surround you. I challenge you to take off your physical armor and discover what your made of. We are all trying to find the meaning of life's challenges. What I know, is when I find love for those who surround me and share life experiences with those I come in contact with. I am the most happy. Thank you everyone who supported me in finding myself.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.


1 comment:

  1. I always knew you were beautiful...but oh, what a face :)

    ReplyDelete